Sunday, May 31, 2009

This one's for you, Nick.


It's no secret that, in our family, Nick is the athletic one and I'm the other one. It's always been that way. I've never been good at athletics, and Nick has been on countless teams in organized sports. Growing up, I've had to endure sitting through games of all kinds--baseball, football, soccer, and what eventually turned into his strong suit, basketball. I won't claim to have gone to all those games willingly (because I complained...a lot), but as I got older I could appreciate his abilities. I began to admire his speed, his strength, his agility, his resilience, and his passion for the game. I always wished I was as good at something as he was. I'm still looking for it.

Although there is no possible way I can ever live up to my brother's athletic accomplishments through walking, he is a WPIAL basketball champion after all, I might be able to beat, or at least match, his closet full of tennis shoes. In the past, I've probably bought a new pair of tennis shoes every 18 months or so. In the past few weeks, though, I've purchases three brand new pairs. I have two for training and one for every day wear now. How do I compare, Nick?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! So funny! We rocked at keeping stats though. :)

    ReplyDelete