Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Week in Review

Sometimes living life gets in the way of writing about it.

I haven't been doing too much in the way of training lately. I'm doing Christine's physical therapy exercises and icing my knee every night. No change yet, but I'm optimistic. She said it could take 4-8 weeks from when I start doing the exercises so I just have to be patient. That's really hard for me. I want to get out there and walk, but I'm so afraid of hurting it more. Until I get the results of the MRI, I'm taking it easy. That test should tell exactly what's wrong so I know for certain what to do about it. Until then, I'm just leaving it alone.

Did anyone catch The Biggest Loser tonight? Those guys did a marathon! I've never watched that show before, but it's pretty inspiring to see what they've accomplished in just five months. I didn't go walking but I picked up the hand weights and got to it. Hey, there's nothing wrong with my arms.

Planning is coming along with the Cake Challenge for the Cure. Registrations are continuing to come in every day and it's so fun to see how excited people are about the challenge! I've been working on the event program and trying to think of a script for the emcee. Not too much new there.

The kids' schools and activities kept me pretty busy this week so by the end of the day I just wanted to relax. And once I get out of the habit of posting, it's hard to get back in the habit. I'm certain you don't want to hear all about life's mundane tasks anyway. Tomorrow I'll write all about my MRI. Did you know those take like 40 minutes? I sure didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment