Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day Zero

I'm back! We had a great trip and I have lots and lots to share with you. I'm going to take it day by day, so thanks in advance for your patience.

We left for our road trip on Thursday. We were so excited to get on our way!
It was a little tough leaving our families behind. Especially when Matthew was crying so hard when I left. But we felt a lot better when we started to realize how much easier a road trip is without children. It's about a six hour drive to San Diego and we had this little guy to lead us there.Good thing because we didn't have a detailed map and I don't know how to navigate using an iPhone very well. Heck, I didn't even know how to use an iPhone at all. I'm so enlightened now. Jennifer decided a little too late (like on the drive home) that this bear should have been our Flat Stanley. He would have seen so many places! Oh well. He did see all the sights on the way there.

Like arriving in Cali.

And going through the three border check-points even though we never left the United States. Thank goodness they didn't search the car and find my giant duffle bag or we would have been detained for sure.
We also saw lots of sand dunes that resembled the Sahara...or Tatooine. (Yeah, that's right. I Googled it.)
And a small wind farm. I just love these things, although this one isn't nearly as impressive as the one on the way to Los Angeles.
We arrived in Del Mar right around 5:00 and it was already starting to get dark. It was a fun trip and we were fortunate to gain an extra hour. But next time I'm stopping in Dateland for a date shake! After our "team dinner" at Soup Plantation (which is the California name for Sweet Tomatoes, apparently), we tried to get some sleep because our wake-up call was at 4:30. Jennifer slept well but I was up until about 1:00. I was a little anxious about the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment