Sunday, November 15, 2009

Last Training Walk/Breakfast

I have some catching up to do. Thursday morning I walked 3 miles. I didn't get to walk yesterday because there was too much going on with a PTO fundraiser I organized. But we did walk today.

This morning was our last weekend training walk and breakfast. We walked 8 miles and ate probably 800 calories. Seems fair.

In four short days we will be heading to San Diego for the big event. I can't believe it's here already. I took on the challenge nine months ago and somehow this weekend has snuck up on me. There's still a lot to get ready. I'm going to the sports store later today to get another pair of shoes and a bag for all my gear. Then I think I'll have everything I need. I just have to round it all up and pack it. I really hope I don't forget anything important.

My next and last official training walk is set for Tuesday and I have to walk 5 miles. I think I'll be doing a little more walking this week because I have to break in a new pair of shoes. I need to get a lot more rest this week somehow because I've had a sore throat the past three days. I need that to go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment