Monday, November 2, 2009

What a Week!

Last week was full of deadlines. There were school fundraising fliers to create. Newsletters to be written. Halloween costumes to be gathered. Pumpkins to be carved. I really wish I could do all that, walk, and write about it at the same time, but I can't. I've never been good at multitasking. And then we had a cold snap for a few days that caused me to not want to get out of bed. And I know what you're saying. Oh, come on. How many times did we hear about the oppressive heat and now she's complaining about the frigid cold? I know. I know. But I never used the word frigid and, truth be told, I'd rather be hot than cold. So maybe it's a good thing I live here. And even though I did complain about the heat, I still walked. Now that it's colder and darker in the mornings, it's harder to get moving.

So last week, I walked 3 miles on Tuesday. I skipped Thursday because it was like 40 degrees or something and I just knew I'd never get six miles in. But I walked 7 miles on Saturday and 8 miles on Sunday. Good enough, I say!

The 3-Day is just two and a half weeks away! Jennifer and I are getting ready. Instead of flying to San Diego, we're going on a road trip. Hilarious post to come, I'm sure. Great. Now we're committed to doing something funny. The pressure! Jennifer made our hotel reservations and I bought the outfits for our shtick. Our slogan is "Cooking Up a Cure" because we're both into baking, cooking, and entertaining. So we found some aprons on Etsy that are appropriate for the event and reflect our personalities. We're going to wear these as we walk 60 miles.

To get your own, visit Sassy Apron. The artist is from Gilbert and every apron she makes is gorgeous! I may even buy a full apron to not walk 60 miles in.

1 comment: