Thursday, June 18, 2009

3 More Miles Logged

This morning, I was out the door and walking by 5:45. Sometimes I really amaze myself. I'm sure waking up early to exercise is easy for a lot of people, but I am not one of them. If I have a walking partner, it's a little easier; I know someone's waiting for me so I better get going. Why don't I want to do it just for myself? I didn't meet anyone today so maybe I'm overcoming that obstacle. Of course, I am a little fanatical about schedules and sticking to them, so at least that's on my side. Finally, my craziness is an asset! I'm scheduled to walk four miles on Saturday and I'm going it alone. We'll see how friendly I am with the snooze button then.

Today, I walked 3 miles in 50 minutes. Tuesday walks are labeled as 'easy' (two to three miles an hour on flat surfaces) and Thursday walks are 'moderate' (three to four miles an hour or incorporating hills). We have no hills so I just walked a little faster. Not much. Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment