Sunday, July 5, 2009

This Concludes Week 4

I met Jennifer this morning and walked 4 miles in just over an hour. After 4 weeks, I've walked a total of 59 miles so far! Oh, let's just call it 60, shall we?

Jennifer reminded me that she'll be on vacation for the next two weekends (boo hoo) so I figured that unless I want to walk 6 miles by myself, I better start looking for some training walks to join. I signed up for one next Saturday, but it starts at 4:30 and we're supposed to arrive at 4:15 for check-in. I plan to wake up at 4:00 (because I cannot set the alarm for a 3 o'clock-hour wake up!) and hope I get there by 4:30. If not, I'll just catch up. I have the map.

Speaking of training walks, Elizabeth has a very important job in my 3-Day journey. When I received my 3-Day information packet a few months ago, there was a lanyard with stickers. Every time you reach a milestone (register for the event, get your first donation, set up your website, reach your financial goal, etc.), you get to add a sticker to your pink ribbon. Well, you know how much 5 year olds love stickers! She's been very good at helping me complete my pink ribbon. Yesterday, she was excited to add the "5 mile" and the "first official training walk" stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment