Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thank You

I recruited a new walking partner--my neighbor Janet. We walked for the first time this morning, and we did 3.7 miles in 64 minutes. I don't know if she'll join me again. It was so hot. We were supposed to go 4 miles, but I just let that .3 mile go. I asked her if she wanted to walk again next week, but she said it will depend on the heat. Next Thursday, as well as the following ten weeks, I have to walk 5 miles. I'm afraid that was the last I'll see of Janet.

I want to extend a big thank you to all the people who called me today to check on the status of my neck pain. I didn't mean to scare anyone. Apparently, saying that I slipped and fell down a waterslide produces an image that I fell and slid down an 80-foot waterslide that ends in a gigantic pool of water. Totally not the case. The slide was about six feet long and I'm sure I cleared the first two feet just fine. I ended up on the ground, not a pool, and I don't hurt any more today than I did yesterday. Thanks for your the concern, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment