Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Tuesday 3

Dawn and I walked another 3 miles this morning in 47 minutes.

Dawn's such a nice person and it's always interesting walking with her because she's on the PTO board. I get to hear all the news. Last week I found out our principal is leaving for Houston. School starts in less than two weeks and there's still no word on who our principal will be. There's plenty of speculation, of course. The parents and staff are hoping it's our PE teacher. Don't scoff. He has an administrative degree and was a part-time assistant principal at another elementary school last year. If he does get the position, the pretentious CTA parent down the street from me will have a field day telling everyone our PE teacher was named principal. Because she likes to do that kind of thing. I know this information has nothing to do with the 3-Day, but they were supposed to make the announcement today, and that's all I've been able to think about.

UPDATE: Because I know I have you all on the edge of your seats.... Our new principal is not the PE teacher. I'm a little disappointed, but I did some quick Nancy Drew work and the new principal is a graduate of Slippery Rock University. Small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment