Saturday, July 11, 2009

Up and at 'Em

What a weird day. As planned, I woke up at 4 am and was walking by 4:30. I finished my 6 miles by 6:25 and was home a few minutes later to make breakfast for my family. Brian took the kids to Lowe's for a building workshop and I mopped the tile (really, that's another workout). When Matthew took his nap, so did I. We slept for 2 1/2 hours and I felt a lot better afterwards.

I was exhausted this afternoon because Elizabeth and I didn't get to bed until after 11 last night. We went to see Beauty and the Beast at the Hale Centre Theatre. I'm just going to plug them for a moment. To whom, I don't know. The Hale is a family-owned community theater in Gilbert, and their productions are really well done. The theater-in-the-round is beautiful; there's not a bad seat in the house. The lighting, sound, and costumes are impressive and the talent is top-notch. These are people who really love to act, sing and dance and it shows. It's so much more than what you'd expect for the price. Elizabeth and I have gone to two children's theater productions and this was our first regular show. She was on the edge of her seat the entire time, sat still and kept quiet most of the time, and even gracefully clapped after each scene. She really enjoyed it. Beauty and the Beast opened this weekend, and this weekend and next, child tickets (ages 6-16) are only $10. Go if you can.

So, after my nap I fed my family dinner and went to my neighbor's house for bunco. I've never played before, but she needed a sub. It was fun! Makes me wish I knew twelve people. I came in second and doubled my money. That was the best part.

Now, I'm off to bed because I have to walk 4 miles tomorrow. It's gonna be another hot one.

No comments:

Post a Comment