Thursday, August 27, 2009

An Exclusive Club

This morning I did 5 miles in 78 minutes.

I feel like I'm part of an exclusive club because I see the same people on the fitness trail every day. There's a couple in their late 50's/early 60's who walk their big black dog. The man's holding the plastic bag and wears a fanny pack, and she's carrying hand weights. Then there's the older European gentleman who wears his Wimbledon whites while walking. There are two women a little older than me who must be training for something, too. I nearly ask them every time I see them, but I don't want them to think I'm weird. Then there's the cyclist who wears the black plastic shirt and blue bandana on his head. And the other cyclist who is always wearing a red shirt. He gave me a big smile today as if to say, "Hey, you're back. I missed you last week." Okay. Maybe I'm making too much of that one. But still, they're perfect strangers yet I feel like I know them. Perhaps I should start creating personalities for them in my mind. God knows I have plenty of time to think when I'm out there walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment