Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Exploring New Territory

This morning I walked 4 miles in just over an hour. I was supposed to do three, but I tried out a new route, got a little lost, and figured I may as well just do an extra mile. Since we went to the mountains a few weekends ago, I've been down two miles in my training and that's been bugging me. So, I made up a mile. Maybe next week I'll do another extra mile and my conscience will be cleared.

It was nice to change up the route. I walked through what is considered an established neighborhood in these parts. That means it's older. It was probably developed in the 60's, and yes, I do realize that is not old, but that's old for around here. Maybe it was the 70's. I don't know. It was before they started stamping the years in the sidewalks. Anyway, it was a good walk. It was certainly more shady (in a good way--you know, lots of mature trees) than my neighborhood and it had character. Sure, some of the houses could use a little TLC, but most were proudly taken care of. And I saw some interesting people. Like the man who was getting into his car wearing at tuxedo at 6:30 am. And no, his car was not a limo.

No comments:

Post a Comment