Thursday, August 13, 2009

Well, that's a first.

It was raining at 5:00 this morning! I couldn't walk my five miles. At first I was disappointed, but it was really nice to get back into bed for another hour and a half. Especially on a rainy morning.

Then I tried to make up a mile this afternoon. I'm not an impulsive person, which is probably a good thing because every time I do make an impulsive decision, it's a bad one. Matthew and I went to the UPS store to mail something right before I had to pick up Elizabeth from school. Because that errand didn't take as long as I had anticipated and because there was a lot of cloud cover, I decided to take the car back home and walk to the school to pick up Elizabeth. Her school is .65 miles from home so I figured I'd at least get in 1.3 miles today. It was pretty muggy, but at least the sun wasn't out.

As soon as school was dismissed, the clouds parted and the sun shone down. It was a ridiculously hot walk. So humid. The three of us were all soaked by the time we got home. It was a bad, bad move. I made it up to the kids by inviting a friend over, giving them popsicles, and letting them run through the sprinkler.

No comments:

Post a Comment