Thursday, August 6, 2009

So Tired

Oh, I'm so tired. I got up early and did my 5 miles in 78 minutes. Then after I took Elizabeth to school, Jennifer and I took Kate and Matthew to the Desert Botanical Gardens. We walked around for about an hour and a half. In the 'extreme heat.' We were so hot and so sweaty. Then we couldn't find the exit because of their very poor signage. But, we did make it out and it was a fun morning despite the heat. We'll definitely go back again when the weather is cooler and if one of us scores another culture pass.

After the garden, we walked around an outdoor mall. I got some more exercise because Matthew fell asleep during the 15 minute drive so I was carrying an extra 40 pounds or so until he woke up. Or until I woke him up so we could eat lunch, rather. Then we found a fantastic frozen yogurt shop and the kids went crazy in a splash pad. A fun time was had by all, but between all the walking and the extreme heat (sorry, I had to say it again), we're all ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment