Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Rest of Week 11

I may have been away for a few days, but that doesn't mean I didn't stop training. It was a bit of a challenge, but I did it! We went to Atlanta for Brian's brother's wedding. We had a good time visiting family, but my walks were a bit more difficult as Georgia's topography is more varied than Phoenix's.

On Thursday, I walked around my in-laws' extremely hilly neighborhood for 3 miles. Then on Friday, Brian and I took a six-mile walk from Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield to the Hilton where my parents were staying for the weekend. They took us to breakfast and drove us back to our car. The highlight of that morning's trek was walking past my favorite Food Network star's house. Here I am before Alton Brown's house.
On Sunday, Brian and I walked 10 miles around Marietta. We started at Marietta Square and walked to Kennesaw Mountain and even did some hiking around there to get in some mileage. I love that park and want to hike around the mountain with the kids next time we go in the summer.
The wedding was beautiful, and even though it has nothing to do with me walking in the 3-Day, I'm going to post some photos. Because this blog is a whole lot of words and not enough pictures.

Here's the most beautiful flower girl I've ever seen.
And here's the very shy ring bearer (and his Dad).
And here are the bride and groom, Meg and Jason, with the kids.I was behind the camera all day, but I did manage to accidentally take a picture of my foot (and Abby's, too). I hit the button on the camera while it was on my lap. The more I look at this photo, the more I like it. It's kind of cool, don't you think?
After walking for eleven weeks, my feet are a little pale but still look okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment