Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm Short 3 Today

It rained this morning! Jennifer and I met at 6 am and started walking along the canal. We could see storms to the northeast and some to the south, but we decided they were far enough away. We couldn't hear thunder afterall. At least not at first. For two people who are so afraid of lightning, I'm surprised we got as far as we did.

We were supposed to walk 12 miles today, but we didn't really plan on doing all 12 this morning. We thought we'd get in about 7. We ended up walking 3.5 miles. After a while, there seemed to be different storms all around us and the lightning strikes were a bit frightening, so we turned around. By the time we got in our cars, it started to rain really hard so we were glad we stopped when we did. We went to breakfast anyway and sat out on the (covered) patio and enjoyed the weather.

Amazingly, it rained off and on through the early afternoon and it stayed cloudy and cool for most of the day. I was even able to walk a few more miles this afternoon. This afternoon! Can you believe it?! I got in another 5.5 miles to bring my total for the day up to 9 miles. I'm still short three miles, but it's a three-day weekend. I'm sure I can make it up somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment