Tuesday, September 8, 2009

IronWoman

This morning I walked four 16-minute miles. I think 16-minute miles are my ideal walking pace. It's not as fast as I can walk (without techinically jogging), which I think is about 14.5-minute miles. It's also not so slow that it takes me forever. It's simply a nice, brisk pace.

This is a little off the subject, but I met a really cool lady today at Matthew's school. She's one of the other moms, and she's a triathlete. She had a shirt on that said Triathlete so I asked her how long she's been one. That's when she told me she completed the IronMan a few years ago. Now, I've never met anyone who has done the IronMan before, let alone a stay-at-home mom who seems a lot like me (except for her amazing figure, of course). Do you know what the IronMan is? Let me tell you. It's one race in which you swim 2.4 miles, bike another 112 miles, and then finish the day off by running a full marathon (26.2 miles).

Kind of makes walking 60 miles in three days seem kind of wimpy, doesn't it? What the heck am I complaining about?

No comments:

Post a Comment