Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back on Track

I've been having some knee problems the past two weeks. Since I banged my knee into the piano bench, it's felt a little funny. There's no pain, really, but it just doesn't feel right. I don't know much about anything medical. I'm on a need to know basis when it comes to ailments. The more I know, the more I worry, so I just learn what I need to know when I need to know it.

I wasn't sure whether I should call my doctor or not so I asked my physical therapist friend Christine what she thought. Poor girl. She endured my analogies of taut rubber bands being plucked and however else I tried to explain my condition. She was very helpful, and I am now confident that my knee will be back to normal in a few weeks, if not sooner. With a 60-mile walk hanging over my head, my mind was getting a little crazy. Christine talked me off the operating table for the full knee replacement surgery I was planning on scheduling. She told me to walk every other day, do some simple exercises on my off days, and ice the knee in the evenings. I should be good as new in about a month. Heck, after talking to her, it already feels better. Relief is so relieving.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you are on a need to know basis. My bad habit is googling every little ache and pain. And of course I diagnose myself with the most horrible ailment out the options. You know..instead of thinking my headache is from not wearing my glasses I figure it is brain tumor. haha. :)

    ReplyDelete