Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I Survived Saturday

It was a tough day, but yes, I did survive it. I've recovered so now I can tell you all about it.

Let's start on Friday. I spent the morning baking cupcakes and making pink lemonade for Jennifer's friend's bunco night fundraiser. In the afternoon, I frosted the cupcakes with pink icing in a flower design.

Jennifer made chocolate covered strawberries (with pink chocolate accents), molded chocolate pink ribbons, a pink trifle, and a fruit salad that was mostly pink. She decorated the table with pink tulips and it looked so pretty. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera. She was also bartender and made pink cosmopolitans and strawberry daiquiris. Her drinks were big hits! I don't mean to imply that they didn't like the food. I'm sure they did, but we left before they had dessert because we had to get up very early Saturday morning.

The alarm went off at 4 o'clock and I hit snooze at least twice. I got to Sherri's to help set up around 4:45. There was so much stuff. I couldn't stay at the garage sale very long, but I'm told it was very successful. Our team made over $1500! Not too shabby.

The rest of the day was nothing but fun. We had a great time at the neighborhood social. The kids enjoyed riding ponies and the barrel train:


I had to leave right after the lunch so I could get cleaned up for Beauty and the Beast. Elizabeth really enjoyed the show and the two of us had a fun afternoon together. We got home around 4 o'clock and I was pretty tired, but we all went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. I went to bed shortly after the kids and I actually slept longer than them that night--about ten hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment