Friday, April 24, 2009

My Knee Troubles

Not too much training going on yet. The kids and I did manage to walk to and from school on Monday, but that's just 1.5 miles. And Matthew and I went to Bounce Jungle on Wednesday. He loved the inflatable basketball court, and the place was deserted so we had it to ourselves for quite a while. Their satellite radio must have been tuned to hits of the 80s, and when "Eye of the Tiger" came on I got a little too crazy. That song takes me back to the glory days of McKeesport Tiger basketball and even after 15 years it still pumps me up. Too much, it would seem, because I overdid it on the bouncing and aggravated my knee.

I'm going to the doctor today. I'm optimistic that there isn't anything really, really wrong with it, but I'm going anyway to make myself feel better. It's still bothering me after nearly five weeks, so I just want to get it checked. He'll probably tell me to take Advil and maybe send me to physical therapy. With 60 miles hanging over my head, I just want to be sure everything's the way it's supposed to be. It's likely atrophy because I'm afraid of hurting it more so I haven't walked (or done any other form of exercise) in a while. In fact, the other knee is starting to hurt. Further proof that it's all in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment