Monday, March 30, 2009

I feel like a contestant on DWTS.

Erika and I walked 2.5 miles this morning. We also walked two miles on Thursday that I haven't posted about yet. I'm sure you missed that, right? It was a busy weekend that included two multi-cultural festivals (one at each kid's school), a kindergarten field trip to the zoo on Friday that nearly killed me (not really), and a carpentry project on the back patio (which I wasn't really part of except to keep the kids away from the action).

So, that's why there wasn't too much walking. Well that and because of an incident that happened a week ago. I was dusting, of all things, when I injured myself. I must admit that I can get a bit wild while doing my chores. I just want to get it done and sometimes I move a little too quickly, and last week I rammed my left knee right into the corner of the piano bench. The middle of my knee right into the corner of the bench. I mean, the center of my knee...into the corner of the bench! Did you get that? I fell to the floor in pain and it still feels a little funny. I put in a call to Doc. That's my dad. They called him Doc at work for 30 years because he was the trainer for the high school football team. He didn't have much of an opinion, but he did tell me once that the only thing he could deal with was a nosebleed. Maybe I should ask Christine; she's a physical therapist. Or perhaps I'm making too much of a bruised knee. I guess I should just power through like Steve-O and Holly Madison.

No comments:

Post a Comment