Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Man's Trash

...is another man's treasure. That's what they say. I'm very excited about tonight. My 3-Day team (the Mammary Musketeers) are meeting to talk about fundraisers that are in the works and maybe even come up with ideas for more. There are six of us on the team, but I know only three so it will be nice to finally meet the last two. We're planning a garage sale in April. I went through my house again one last time and pulled out a few more items for the sale. Thank goodness I have One Year to an Organized Life. That is truly the best book for organizing your home and if you don't have it, you should get it. Regina Leeds doesn't just tell you how to orgazine what you have, but she walks you through the entire process of sorting, eliminating, reorganizing, and maintaining week by week, month by month, and room by room. It will change the way you live. Really. Here, I'll even show you what it looks like:
Anyway, we're hoping for a successful garage sale. Maybe a lot of people will find a lot of treasures and we'll make a lot of money for the 3-Day!

As for my training, I just got back from a 4.25 mile walk that took an hour and ten minutes. Erika and I planned to walk in her neighborhood this morning, so instead of putting Matthew and the stroller in the car and driving to her house, we just walked. Now I know her house is .75 miles from my house. And now I know that walking to her house and back will add another mile and a half to our walks. Aren't I great at math?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sara,

    I can in no way begin to thank you for such kind words.

    I hope all your organizing endeavors are a huge success and that later in life you view this year as a time of positive transition.

    I am honored to be a part of your journey.

    Blessings,
    Regina (Leeds)

    ReplyDelete