Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mama Got a New Pair of Shoes

It's been a while since I've bought sneakers. Actually, it's been over a year and a half. These shoes were the best sneakers I've ever had. Ever. When I was training for the half-marathon, I went to Run AZ to find some good shoes. The salesman was very knowledgebale and clearly knew a little something about fitness. He watched me walk, asked me my shoe size, and then brought back two or three pairs. After I tried on the first shoe, he promptly took back all the shoes he chose initially and brought back the same shoes a whole size larger. Oops. Good thing I sought professional help. I must have tried on nearly ten pairs of shoes, and it was eye-opening how different each shoe felt. I should add that none of the shoes I tried had a price tag, so you could say that money was no object here. I was simply rating the shoes on how they felt. Which is probaby how you should buy shoes. I finally settled on a pair of Asics GEL-Nimbus 9s.

When I bought those shoes, he told me they'd probably be good for about six months. But, they were kind of pricey and I felt I should get my money's worth. As you can see, I wore them out. At first, I used them only for my training, then after the event I started wearing them all the time. Hey, they felt good! Now, they're just sad. So sad. Look at them. Maybe you can't see in the photo, but the stitching on the right toe is coming apart and they certainly don't feel like they used to. I needed a new pair.

Yesterday, I went back to Run AZ and tried on a new model of the same shoe (along with a few others). I stuck with the same shoe because they feel just like my old ones used to feel. It's like having little pillows all around my feet. I brought them home yesterday afternoon and wore them until it was time to go to sleep. I couldn't take them off. I love them. I'm planning on getting another pair (or two). Although they didn't have them in my size yesterday, they come in pink!



2 comments:

  1. I love the new shoes. And I love Asics because they air condition your feet. Though in the winter this is a little inconvenient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes. I remember our first day out in 'the winter' in our Asics. Too funny. Our toes warmed up fast though because of our impossible quickness.

    ReplyDelete