Thursday, March 12, 2009

There was no exercise today, but it was still productive. I managed to find three cake decorators who are very excited to participate in what I am now calling the Cakes for the Cure Challenge. Or should it be Cake Challenge for the Cure? I think I like the latter. Anyway, the decorators offered a lot of information that will help to make this event a success. They even gave me names of other cake decorators who might be interested in participating, too. Very cool! I'm so happy this fundraiser is coming together! I was hoping to hold it in May, but it seems March through mid-June is wedding season in Arizona so their schedules are pretty packed on the weekends. The date of the event all depends on their availability so I'm hoping to work with the restaurant owner of the venue--Country Cottage Cafe--to pin down a date very soon and start spreading the word.

In the meantime, you may want to check out these competitors: Carol from Sugar Buzz Cakes, Grace from Graceful Cake Creations, and Christy from Vanlatte. They all do beautiful work and I'm anxious to see the cakes they create for the competition!

2 comments:

  1. I really want to attend this fundraiser...such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Laura! I'll let you know the date as soon as it's set!

    ReplyDelete