Friday, October 16, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

So I didn't walk on Tuesday because I was tired. As a mother of a 6 year old and a nearly 3 year old, I'm not accustomed to waking up in the middle of the night. So when it does happen, it hurts. It all started on Monday. We were out in the back yard washing windows and screens and the kids were playing. Matthew was standing under the lemon tree and just started screaming. I saw Brian run over and brush off Matthew's arms and I just knew. It finally happened. One of the kids got stung by a scorpion.

But that wasn't the case. Matthew was standing on an ant hill and, although surely not as bad as a scorpion sting, ant bites aren't much fun either. He had a few on his hand that swelled up pretty quickly, but other than that he was fine. But that night when he woke up crying, my mind immediately went back to the moment of the ant bites. And, as we all know, I get a little irrational in the middle of the night so I didn't help anything by waking him up completely to find out if anything hurt. I couldn't get him back in his bed for anything. He didn't want me to leave. Finally, I fell asleep with him in the guest room, but then Elizabeth started making noises, so I went to check on her. Then Matthew woke up while I was with her. Craziness! Brian ended up falling asleep in the guest room with Matthew for a while, I went to my bed, and hours later when Brian came to bed, Elizabeth was sleeping next to me. Brian ended up sleeping the rest of the night in Elizabeth's room. We were all over the place. Needless to say, at around 1:30 am on Tuesday, I decided I wasn't walking in the morning.

I did walk six miles on Wednesday, though.

I was supposed to do five miles on Thursday. I woke up at 5:30, got dressed, went outside and the balls of my feet were burning. When I walked on Wednesday, I had a pebble in my shoe and didn't want to stop to take it out. That turned out to be a mistake. With the walk being about a month away, I didn't want to hurt my feet anymore. So, I just went back to bed.

This weekend, though, I'm committed to 10 and 6 miles. I'm going to do it! And my training log on the right is going to hit 400!

No comments:

Post a Comment