Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Five More

I walked 5 miles this morning. I started too early because it was
d-a-r-k. It wasn't light until nearly halfway into my walk. But hey, at least I was walking fast. Maybe I should be like the lady I often see who carries one of those little souvenir bats that little boys get from baseball games. I assume it's to defend herself against would-be attackers. It's not a bad idea, I suppose. But it's just one more thing to carry.

I've been thinking a lot about getting ready for the 3-Day and what I'm going to pack. I've been reading other people's blogs about what to take and what I'll need. This weekend we headed to Dick's to get some things. I got a poncho that I hope I will not need, six more pairs of socks, sport sunglasses and, finally, a waist pack with a water bottle. I used the waist pack this morning, and I think I need to get a different one. It wasn't that comfortable and I'm not sure I can fit all I need to fit in it in the pockets provided. So, I guess I'm still in the market for a hydration pack. Also, I need a large bag to pack everything in for my trip. We have to put all our gear in one bag that can't weigh more than 35 pounds. That means I have to put my sleeping bag, pillow, air mattress, clothes, shoes and toiletries all in one bag. Dick's had a duffel bag that's the right size, but it wasn't a rolling duffel. We zipped Matthew up in the bag and I tried carrying it around on my shoulder. (Oh, don't worry. He's was laughing his head off in there!) He's about 38 pounds, and it was tough. I wonder how far I'd have to carry that bag....

No comments:

Post a Comment