Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fitness Weekend

This weekend I walked 6 miles on Saturday morning. After coming home and having breakfast with my family, we all went to Chandler's 3rd annual Day of Play. It's a free festival-like event at the park to get the community excited about exercise and fitness. They had a 10k, 5k, and family fun run (in which we did not yet participate--maybe another year) and a bunch of booths to try different activities from the high jump to planting watermelon seeds to decorating sunvisors. That kind of thing. We made some sunglasses, checked out some snake skins, hoola hooped, went through a jumping obstacle course and played frisbee golf. I've never played that before; it's kind of fun! Here we are doing the something-meter dash....And that's why I don't run. I look like a goof, but check out Elizabeth's form. We might have a runner on our hands! We'll find out soon because she starts running club on Thursday. Matthew really gave that big kid a run for his money. Ha HaElizabeth and Matthew tried out the long jump, too.
So all in all, the Day of Play was a success!
On Sunday Jennifer and I walked ten miles. Blahbity blah. I can't remember anything exciting happening. She did mention that she won't be able to walk with me on Saturday. So does anyone out there want to walk 15 miles with me? Anyone? Anyone? Maybe just part of the way? I'll probably break it up into two or three separate walks that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment