Sunday, October 11, 2009

Recovery Weekend

I heart recovery weekends. I had to walk only 14 miles on Saturday and Sunday this week. Love that! So yesterday I did the 6 miles because it was Elizabeth's birthday and I wanted to get home as soon as possible. We had a great day. I was home before 8 am and we had breakfast and took her and some friends to see a play. She loved it!

This morning I did 8 miles and was home in time for breakfast again. Brian made pancakes so it was great to come home, sit down, and dig in. I had some cottage cheese afterwards to get in a little protein. That really seems to aid my recovery after walks.

The past five weekends have been pretty brutal as far as training goes. Even though we walk early to get it out of the way, it still screws up your day. Because anytime you walk ten miles or more, especially in the Arizona heat, you feel pretty crappy. I mean, you walk your butt off and then feel like poop the rest of the day. (I think you know what I mean there. My mom reads this so I had to clean up the language.) So it was really nice to just have to walk 6 and 8 miles. Next weekend won't be bad either. It's just 10 and 6. I think they're being nice to us because the following weekend is the one we've been dreading since we received our training program. It's 18 miles and 15 miles back to back. Sure, it will be good practice. But is that really something we want to practice?

No comments:

Post a Comment